Monday, March 23, 2009

Loss

My friend lost her husband today. She was at work this morning, got a call, and he was gone… just like that. After 25 years of marriage and four children, you could see in the way they looked at each other that they were just crazy for one another. He was full of life, and had a smile that lit up the room. Suddenly, that is all gone… in a moment…

As a Christian I know he is with the Lord now, and that they will see each other again. Theologically, there is hope. However, today, that knowledge doesn’t comfort my heart. I ache for her, for her emptiness, for four children who no longer have a father, for the life they've known that is now ripped apart forever.

It just doesn't make sense...

1 comment:

  1. my condolences... the 16th of last month my dad was suddenly gone. 40 years of marriage to my mom, 36 years as my dad and it still seems impossible that he is not here. Yes, we know he is in heaven, and we will see him again, that knowledge makes the Cross that much sweeter. But the pain of being separated is real, and there is no going back to "normal" b/c the old normal will never be back. I guess that is why we must remember the joy of the Lord is our stregth, and we must choose that joy.
    ~Blessings

    ReplyDelete