Monday, January 7, 2013

2013

Jeremiah 29:11-13  For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Oh Father above
As we start this new year
I look at my life
All that I hold so dear

The man that I love
My family and health
My friends, my career
My possessions and wealth

I wrap them all up
With the dreams in my heart
Tie them with ribbons
Of hopes for new starts

It's all that I am
It's all my precious plans
I lift them before You
And place them in Your hands

You hold my future
Only You know what's best
I leave them with You
In Your will I shall rest

I confess I'm scared
As tears roll down my face
Afraid You might choose
Some of them to replace

Please, Abba, forgive
My weak trust in Your will
My heart's desires
You do want to fulfill

I guess I'm frightened
You plans won't look like mine
So I loosen my grip
Leaving all me behind

Your plans are better
Filled with love, peace and grace
And inside Your will
Is the ultimate place

That I want to be
All the rest of my days
Take them all, Father
Let me walk in Your ways

I rise from my knees
A bright new year ahead
Walking with Jesus
I have nothing to dread

I'll trust in His plans
Imagine what they'll bring
Wrapped up in His love
Praises to Him I'll sing