Friday, March 1, 2013

Today as I was feeding my pinterest addiction (yes, it is a hobby, distraction, calming agent, procrastination tool of choice)...  but I digress...

I saw a pin that led me to the blog of Rachel Wojnarowski, and it seems we both share a common love of technology and the Bible.  She had a great little posting on "10 Groovy Ways to Use Bible Aps".  Being an old hippie, I saw the word groovy, my kinship grew deeper, so I just had to check it out.  It was a good 101 primer set of ideas for using your Bible aps, so I thought I'd share it here.

I've copied it below, or if you prefer, you can find it at http://rachelwojo.com/10-groovy-ways-to-use-bible-apps/.  Be sure to surf over to her site and check it out!

Oh yes, and if you'd like to follow me as on pinterest, click here at:  http://pinterest.com/kre8tv4him/

Blessings!

Linda

********************************************

10 Groovy Ways to Use Bible Apps by Rachael Wojnarowski

1. Read the Bible. I know, totally floored by that, aren’t you? Let’s keep going.

2. Easily use a Bible reading plan. For folks who like to have a printed Bible reading plan so that you can physically check off the paper- I get it. And I have one right here for you.  If you are not a paper person, but love to check off the plan as you go, then Bible Reading Plans on the Olive Tree App have accessibility to mark off the assignments as you go. This feature is highly popular on Bible apps in general.

3. Can’t remember all the words in a verse or you just want to know the reference?  Do a word search right there on the spot and find the verse you are trying to remember in a split second.

4. Keep your study notes or notes from sermons in the handy notes section of Bible apps.

5. Highlight your favorite verses as you read. Or highlight words that speak especially to your heart. One very cool feature is that the highlighters come in different colors. You could color code the highlights by topic or by personal meaning.

6. View a history of what you have read. When reading various references throughout a teaching or preaching session, if you need to go back to a previously-referenced section, simply tap the history and tap the appropriate reference on the list. Very cool for students AND teachers.

7. Utilize the various translations, Bible dictionaries, and commentaries that are automatically included in many Bible apps.

8. Go to any verse in the Bible in three taps or less.

9. Change font sizes to accommodate eyes that appreciate large font type.

10. Use the split screen feature to read two different resources at the same time. In the Olive Tree app, this feature allows you to view the Bible and a commentary that are synced to the same verses. By turning off the sync feature, you can also read two totally different selections.