Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Lent

Lent... a time of reflection, a time of looking forward, a time of renewal and praise to our Lord Jesus Christ for His sacrifice for us that we might have eternal life through Him.  

It is only in the last few years I have honored this season and I am happy to see it receiving more recognition.  There are several wonderful options to take time for Lent this year, and here I will share some with you.

http://www.aholyexperience.com/ = Ann Voskamp's website where she is offering a free Family Lent and Easter Devotional.  You can create an Easter tree, read as a single, roomie, family, coworkers... invite others to join you!

Read the New Testament over the next 40 days - here is a video from National Community Church.  Here is the video.

I have decided to accept Laura Humphrey-Dohmann's Instagram Lent Challenge of taking a representative photograph a day and I will post each day here.  I have also invited several of my very talented photographer friends to join as well.  You can find Laura's challenge at:

http://instagram.com/p/lH7blCmQps/

So... I am planning on reading the New Testament over the next 40 days, select an item or activity from which to fast, and to take Lent photo challenge.  I pray the Lord will be honored and glorified by these offerings to Him as I seek His face and draw closer to Him.

Blessings as you prepare your heart for the Savior.









No comments:

Post a Comment