Thursday, December 22, 2011

Reflections


I found a new website today while reading one of Michael Hyatt's blogs. he's the Chairman of Thomas Nelson Publishers. It's called Radical Mentoring. Today's post was about questions and reflections, an appropropriate topic for this time of year. I found the questions challenging, difficult and yet exhilirating -- questions that will be ruminating in the back room of my mind, and which I hope to formally journal upon between now and the beginning of the new year. I would like to share some of them with you below, and encourage you to embrace them and act upon them as well.

What do you enjoy about Christmas that no one else knows about?

What am I grateful for?

What did I learn this year?

Where did I go? What did I experience?

Who do I know better today than I did a year ago?

If I died tonight, who would carry my casket? Would those six men know me…really, really know me?

Am I closer to God today than I was at this time last year?

What is my vision for next year? Who are those six friends whom I will “let into” my life next year?

Am I open to God’s will for my life, even if He takes me in a radically different direction? takes me out of my comfort zone?

I also invite you to share in the comments section some additional questions that would be helpful to answer as we close out this year.

Blessings,
Linda

(Photograph taken by me -- the Delaware River on the bridge in Washington Crossing Park, NJ)

No comments:

Post a Comment