Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 - Starting Off with Scriptures


As I get older, I find I sometimes forget things - I usually wind up running back up to my bedroom at least once every morning before I leave for the day, having forgotten my phone, my tea, my glasses... yes, I fear someday I will arrive at my destination, open my coat, and realize I've forgotten to change out of my pajamas! Or I'll go in a room and then forget why I went in. I've taken to writing pretty much EVERYTHING down... now if only I could find that notebook...

That being said, since God made my brain and has said the Holy Spirit will help me remember things, I have decided to take up the challenge of Cindy Bultema's "She Sparkles" blog "A to Z Memory Verse Challenge"! I've put a button on the margin where you can click to join. Every other week Cindy provides us with a verse (and associated study ideas) in a "A to Z" style.

We're just starting off, so I'd love to have company on the journey - won't you join me? The first verse is Joshua 24:15b:

A - As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.


Short, sweet and to the point, yes? You can also get the whole family involved. I'm encouraged, as it seems manageable and I really want to hide God's word in my heart to help me stay on the right path. As King David wrote in Psalm 119:11 (which I had to look up), "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."

So sign up, and let me know in the comments portion. We're on our way to a brighter and better 2012 as we stay in God's word!!

Blessings,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment