Saturday, January 18, 2014

Day Star... Morning Star

2 Peter 1:19  We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 

I love stars, sparkling like diamonds in the velvety blackness of the night sky.  There is nothing like being out in nature on a clear night when the only light is that from above, the moon and stars.  I can breathe deeper, think clearer… gazing at the miracle of the twinkle, twinkle from a little star.  

When I read this verse in 2 Peter this morning I looked up the word star.  In the original Greek it is phosphorus, from which we get the word of the same name – phos meaning light, and phoros meaning bearer.  Phosphorus is in every cell of our bodies.  It is light-bearing, bringing and giving light.  White phosphorus glows in a darkened room when exposed to oxygen.  

Most importantly, when you find the phrase morning star or day star in the Scriptures, they are all a metaphor for Christ Himself.

Christ, the Star rising in my heart, setting the darkness aglow, brilliantly glittering and shimmering and flashing life-giving illumination to every corner.  Taking my breath away, restoring it again.  I inhale deeply as I think of Him in His majesty residing in me, this dark, worn vessel.  My hand reaches up to my chest as if to hold Him there, feel His energy, longing to experience His splendor.

I lift my face to the morning sky, to Him, the Morning Star… the Day Star… the Star that lights my world and my soul shadows.  A Star that shines more intensely vibrant than anything He has created.  A Light that shows the way to eternal life.  A luminescent Lover of my soul.  Encompass every cell in my being, my Star… radiate in me Your love, Your light that I might glow from within bearing witness to You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment