Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Thirty Day Faith Dare – Day Fourteen

Not Enough – Dare to Believe You Were Not Created to be Enough in Yourself


2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us completent [adequate, enough sufficient].

The author speaks of two words defining her life -- "not enough". She writes, "...'not enough' is an epidemic among women. That insecurity destroys the beauty God is bringing forth within us. It can distance us from God. Some women quit trying, quit daring to be all that God has planned for them to be."

Today's Truth: 2 Corinthians 3:4-5 Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. Not that we are competent to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God."

Author: “I could quit stressing over that [being enough] and instead look to Him. He would be enough in me, for all things, at all times. His Spirit, which is powerful within me, would change me, transforming me from a woman of self-focus and insecurity to a woman of God-focus and confidence” Max Lucado writes – What makes us special is… the signature of God on our lives.”

Psalm 45:11 The King is enthralled by your beauty.

Today’s truth is speaking to me…
As I read this today my heart broke for all my sisters who, like me at one point or another in our lives have felt:
- not smart enough
- not accomplished enough
- not pretty enough
- not sexy enough
- not thin enough
- not holy enough
- not young enough
- just plain not enough… pick a category

My heart and soul and spirit long to be that woman who dares to be all God has planned for me. I want to be a warrior and run up that hill and grab that flag of freedom, and breathe as I stand confident that in Christ I AM ENOUGH. I want to be a woman of God-focus, God-confidence. Suddenly I don’t have to do it in my own power – the burden rolls away, and My Savior holds my face in His gentle hands and whispers YOU ARE ENOUGH.

It makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

God is asking me to…
- let go of not enough and find my enough in His strength, in His eyes, in His power.

My challenge is to…
Hold fast to this taste of God-enough, and run with it, cling to it, to use Christ as my mirror. I need to seek that which He has called me to be, through His word and in prayer, and then to pursue it hard with all my might, no longer insecure but finding everything I need in Him. I’m not really sure to begin, so Jesus, please take my hand and lead me to Your enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment