Monday, November 15, 2010

My Thirty Day Faith Dare – Day Fourteen

He Completes Me – Dare to Believe You are Complete in God

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Today’s Truth
2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brethren, rejoice, be made complete, be comforted, be like-minded, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.

Author: What if we believed it is Christ who completes us? Could it be that this kind of love is the very thing that makes us balanced, centered, secure, and yes… complete? Realizing we are complete in Christ makes all that He is doing in us worth… the pain – because in the end the maturity and wholeness will be the spiritual gain. We are not made perfect in ourselves but in Christ. He does not judge perfection the way we do. Perfect in a spiritual sense is one who is being completed through maturity, growth, and surrender to God.

Today’s Dare: Believe You are Complete in God

- What if you were secure because Christ is your completion and you were made more than enough in Him?
- What if Christ, making Himself real in you, completed you to the point of being valuable for His work as an ordinary woman made extraordinary by His presence and power?

Today’s truth is speaking to me…
When I was a young, hopelessly romantic young girl, I went along with the whole idea of finding someone who completed me. Now that I’m a more mature hopeless romantic, I have come to realize that I need to be complete in and of myself before I ever enter into a relationship, for both our sakes! And yet when it comes to my relationship with Christ, my independence screeches to a halt. He is the only Man (GodMan) that will utterly complete me.

One of my dearest friends gave me a clay pot in which dwells a small candle. I love this gift, because every time I look at it I am reminded of 2 Corinthians 4:7. I struggle with a lot of insecurities about my past disobediences in life to the Lord. This verse comforts me, because it reminds me He is the power source, not me. My shattered, scattered life history can only be put together and made to become something special by the loving hands of the Master. He can shine His light through me.

I am an ordinary woman. It’s not a put-down of myself, just a statement of fact. The Lover of my soul holds my heart, and completes it. He turns this clay pot into something very, very special, and I am made whole by His presence and power. My Jesus makes me everything I need to be.

God is asking me to…
Look to Jesus for my completeness, my fullness, my whole self/identity. He is asking me to believe Him, trust Him, in spite of feelings of inadequacy and in spite of myself/my past.

My challenge is to…
Stop listening to the enemy’s lies, and instead believe what God is telling me about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment