Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Thirty Day Faith Dare – Day 17

The Mirror Image – Dare to Live in the Miracle of Who You Are

1 Corinthians 15:10 By the grace of God I am what I am.

Psalm 139: 13-16
For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.

1 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Today’s Dare: Live in the Miracle of Who You Are

Author: Rather than seeing the miracle God created, we see a distorted and shame-based woman who is not perfect, who is ashamed of her imperfections, and who is chronically trying to see herself differently by changing the external. The merry-go-round of self-loathing is too common and is once again the thief who robs us of life. God looks at us and sees His purpose and the miracle of Himself in us. You can’t possibly be more loved or significant than you are at this very moment.

Today’s truth is speaking to me…
I don’t think I will ever see myself in a mirror with 100% accuracy. I look through the eyes of a woman who had an eating disorder so that will always be a body seen as if I were in a fun-house mirror. I look through the when eyes of my youth on the grey hair and laugh lines of now. I look through the what could have been child eyes of a survivor to the what I did to survive now reflection and wince. Sometimes I can’t even look, so I turn away… But God’s truth tells me I am new, and beautiful, and worthy, and wonderful, and a miracle to Him.

God is asking me to…
Remember Ephesians 2:10, where He tells me that I am His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for me to do.

My challenge is to…
It is so hard to believe the good, so much easier to believe the negative things said about you, to you. God, I want to believe Your truth, but my heart often struggles to wrap around it. I know You know all about me, my history, my past – and still You keep telling me You love me and I am cherished by You. You are still the Lover of my soul, my very Heartbeat, my very Breath. You believe in Me, You have plans for Me, You L-O-V-E me.

No comments:

Post a Comment